Oklahoma City, OK – October 12th-13th, 2018
About the Event
The event will be instructed by Global Martial Arts University head instructor Michael South (1st degree krav maga black belt, BJJ brown belt and professional competitor, Hapkido black belt) at his martial arts school in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. What you can expect to learn:
- Level 2/3 Krav Maga techniques, concepts, how to teach intermediate level students
- How to properly teach krav maga, cycle of instruction, class management, age ranges, fitness, flexibility, and other facets of krav maga
- One-on-one practice and instructor with Michael South, and his instructor team.
- Meet and train with a small handful of other kravists from around the country
- Learn how to grow your current krav maga program to the next level (profitability, student count, quality)
Requirements to Attend
You must meet the below requirements to be eligible for this certification:
- Currently hold a brown belt or above in some martial art style
- Be an enrolled student in the GMAU Krav Maga course, and be ranked at least Level 3/Green Belt.
- Age 18+
To Achieve the Certification
In order for participants to achieve certification they must: meet the requirements to attend, complete the two days of training, and pass the physical, teaching, and written exam.
Benefits of Certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will be Global Martial Arts Association recognized Certified Instructors of Krav Maga. Benefits you will obtain:
- You will receive the actual physical certificate to display.
- Be listed on the Global Martial Arts Association website in the school locator and find an instructor feature.
- Students certificates that you can issue to your own students, in which their rank will be recognized by the Global Martial Arts Association and other related institutions.
- As we develop our instructor support program, you will be the first to get class plans, and other support items to use in your own local classes.
- You can rank your students up to the Level/Belt that you hold in the style of Krav Maga, and the Instructor Level that you hold.
Instructor Certification: One time cost of $495. If you bring another team member with you, each additional instructor is only $250. There are no monthly licensing or maintenance fees to stay a certified instructor. But, you are required to continue moving up in rank with us, and complete your instructor update every two years, or you will not continue as a recognized and active instructor in our association.
The below schedule outlines the section of curriculum that you will be reviewing (both as a student, and learning to instruct) throughout the event.
Friday, October 13th
- 10 am – 12 pm: Level 2/3 Combatives and Defenses
- 12 – 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 12:45 – 4 pm: Intermediate Weapons
- 4 – 5:30 pm: Mock Teaching
- 5 – 8 pm: GMAU Krav Maga Live
Saturday, October 14th
- 11 – 3 pm: Review, Ground, Knife, Blunt
- 3 – 6 pm: Exam & Wrap Up
We provide adequate breaks for rest, water, snacks in the schedule. Our events are safe and have a positive and supportive environment.
National Martial Arts
11829 S Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73170
A 10 minute drive from the airport in Oklahoma City. A reasonable day-drive for most residents of Central US.There are several hotels within a few miles of the school, and many restaurants.
Michael South is a black belt Krav Maga instructor and has been a student of the martial arts for over ten years. He also holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. He began teaching martial arts professionally eight years ago and is the founder of National Martial Arts, an Oklahoma-based martial arts organization dedicated to making the world a better and safer place. He specializes in Krav Maga instruction and is also a professional BJJ competitor.